COVID-19 Safety Measures
At Marin Acura, we have always been committed to providing a safe environment where our employees can work at, and our clients can service their vehicles or purchase the car of their dreams. Our team and clients are what is most important to us, and your safety remains our top priority. As a local and family owned business since 1986 our motto has always been “Our Priority is You”.
We understand that you may have some questions when it comes to what we are doing in response to the COVID-19 (commonly known as novel coronavirus) pandemic. Over the last several weeks, we have been following the guidelines and procedures outlined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), WHO and regulatory agencies in addition to taking extra steps to provide a safe and welcoming environment for our clients and team.
As details continue to evolve, we want to share additional safety measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our Marin Acura family, our clients and our community:
OUR DEALERSHIP IS AN “ESSENTIAL BUSINESS” AS DEFINED IN RECENT LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORDERS, AND OUR TEAMMATES (EMPLOYEES) ARE CONSIDERED “ESSENTIAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKFORCE” CONSISTENT WITH THE GUIDELINES OF THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY’S CISA AGENCY. DUE TO CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS IN EFFECT TO COMBAT THE COVID-19 VIRUS, OUR DEALERSHIP IS CURRENTLY FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF ALL OF OUR GUESTS AND TEAMMATES:
- For the safety of everyone we respectfully ask you to please AVOID entering the facility if you have a cough or fever; or if you reside in a household where another resident of the household has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
- All persons must, at all times as reasonably possible, maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet from any other person.
- No more than 6 clients in the Service & Parts Department at the same time.
- Please sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow; and do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Combined with our daily in-store janitorial cleaning service, our procedures include frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas in our dealership (including all door handles, restrooms, guest waiting area, chairs, counter top surfaces).
- Team members have been directed to avoid shaking hands and to adhere to the recommended six feet social distance from clients and other team members.
- Reinforcing illness prevention procedures with all Marin Acura Team Members as recommended by the medical community including frequent hand washing, avoiding contact with your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Team members who are exhibiting symptoms of illness is instructed to stay home or seek care from a medical provider when necessary.
- Limiting the amount of team members entering a clients vehicle. Team members who must enter a clients vehicle have been instructed to use a NEW pair of gloves with each vehicle.
- During any transactions clients are asked to use personal pen to sign required documents. If one is not available, a NEW pen will be provided and given to the client.
- Service & Parts invoices normally provided to clients will provided electronically (emailed).
- Complimentary snacks normally left out in the Service Department waiting area will not be available during this time to help eliminate the spread of any germs.
- Reading materials (magazines, newspaper, etc.) will not be available in the Service Department waiting area to help eliminate the spread of any germs.
- Complimentary Car Wash and Vacuum after vehicle service will not be available at this time to help minimize the number of team members in and out of client vehicles.
- We encourage any Guest to utilize our Online sales and “No Contact” offsite delivery process. Please visit our website or call us for more details.
In addition, to keep your immune system at its highest level, it’s also important to get sufficient sleep and continue healthy practices.
We will continue to monitor the state and county health departments and the CDC for updates, resources and information. If you have additional concerns or experience signs of illness, please contact your doctor. It’s important for all of us to remain vigilant about.
For specific information related to COVID-19 please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Stay Safe, Stay Well!
Your Marin Acura Team